Industrial Manufacturing 3D Printing
FUSED DEPOSITION MODELING
Prototyping Solutions offers a cutting-edge technology known as FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling), which enables the creation of physical objects by progressively building up layers of material. This additive manufacturing (AM) process stands in stark contrast to traditional subtractive manufacturing, which involves removing material from a block to shape an object.
The FDM technology implemented by Prototyping Solutions utilizes a thermoplastic filament that is extruded and strategically deposited layer by layer, resulting in the desired object’s completion. This innovative approach offers a range of advantages, including user-friendliness, cleanliness, and suitability for office environments.
Prototyping Solutions employs production-grade materials that exhibit exceptional mechanical and environmental stability. These materials are extensively tested and widely adopted in conventional manufacturing techniques like injection molding, ensuring reliability and consistency in 3D printing with FDM technology.
The integration of Prototyping Solutions’ FDM technology empowers the production of intricate geometries and parts featuring internal cavities. These capabilities are particularly valuable in applications that demand precise tolerances, durability, and stability across diverse environments. The FDM thermoplastics employed by Prototyping Solutions possess the necessary properties to meet these requirements effectively.
View Our FDM 3D Printers
Benefits and Advantages of FDM
- The technology is clean, simple-to-use and office-friendly.
- Reduce production expenses with Stratasys FDM technology.
- Manufacturing with FDM technology results in shorter lead times (get to market faster.)
- Supported production-grade thermoplastics are mechanically and environmentally stable.
- Complex geometries and cavities that would otherwise be problematic become practical with FDM technology.
- Precision – Trusted repeatability and relability with engineer-grade percision.
- Strength – Multiple options of high-performance for applications that require element resistances.
- Large Build Capacity – Browse our 3D Printer Catalog, download the brochures to view specs.
- Material Variety – Best-in-class material portfolio, offering engineer-grade thermoplastics.
- Rapid Turnaround – FDM Parts skip tooling, reducing lead times from weeks to days.
- Part Production – Produce end-use parts on-demand.